The update this week includes quite a number of items…..
• We do not carry advertisements on the website and you may be glad of that but we felt that we should make an exception in the case of Wilkinson Cameras, since they were kind enough to sponsor our BIG DAY and hopefully will do so in future too. You may know that they have just opened a shop in Liverpool, their 10th I think and they are very much a regional firm. Their DIGITAL SPLASH features talks by Charlie Waite among others. It is a free event except for Charlie’s talk for which you must book. F
• PAGB PRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS – Connah’s Quay, Saturday 26th October, more in PAGB e-news 98. This great event is again only £5 thanks to sponsorship.
• APM and JUDGING SEMINARS – The PAGB APMS are popular and there are 17 places left on the April 2014 one for CPAGB and, at present, plenty of places for DPAGB, but these will be gone by mid-October.
• The story of the BPA Rose Bowl .
• A new BPE Competition – Frome National Open Salon of Photography
• Last week we welcomed a new club (sort of!) NORTH FYLDE PS and they have an exhibition. Also announcing exhibitions are LEIGH & D PS, BIRKENHEAD PA and MID-CHESHIRE CC. CHORLEY PS have two very interesting speakers soon . The Tim Hetherington Exhibition is now open at the OPEN-EYE GALLERY (and causing quite a stir!) and MARBURAE GALLERY, Macclesfield have a new exhibition. MPF Club member Alan Brown has an exhibition at the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle-u-Lyne
• Clubs are not just about competitions (!) but our next one is the L&CPU PDI KNOCK-OUT on November 16th at Poynton and the judge is Richard Spiers DPAGB. Rules unchanged from 2012.
• Dianne McCudden CPAGB BPE1* SWPP SISLP has a new website address
• Finally WILDSREEN have written to tell us of their event WILDPHOTOS
For more info see the L&CPU Website
This year the exhibition is at the Williamson Art Gallery and Museum in Birkenhead. The Exhibition will be opened on Saturday 29th June at 2.00pm. All Award winners and PAGB APM recipients should have received an invitation to attend, everyone else is welcome too. The Gallery can serve refreshments and there is a car park. It is an excellent venue which we have used before. Please note that only one half of the prints will be hung, these will be replaced with the other half for August. We will keep you informed, via the website, of what is on display so that nobody visits expecting to see their print at a time when it is not up.
Finally, three new dates for you; another APM Mentoring Seminar on Sunday 10th November. A Judges Seminar on 20th October and the Executive Committee Meeting scheduled for the end of August has not been put back to 7th September to accommodate the closing of the exhibition.
Please feel free to pass on this email to your members and if you have any events, news or material for the website or comments regarding this
The L&CPU have updated their website. The latest news includes:
The new L&CPU Club Print Competitions took place today at the Wilson Building, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk. Everything was a great success, except the attendance. Only 61 club members came to the event.
It is hard to believe that only that number of people out of the 4,000 members we have were interested in seeing how a national is judged, and in a great venue, with great judges and great presentation.
Next Sunday the PDI Competition takes place at the same venue. You will find this detailed in at least three places on the website and I have added a campus plan to help you get there. Forget the tickets – just turn up! We can accommodate 5 or 6 from each of the competing clubs.
40 clubs are taking part.
Also in the near furture –
The L&CPU AV Competition (23rd March) and the
L&CPU BIG DAY 24th March – both at Edgehill. The Big Day tickets are more than half sold so please get your order in now to avoid disappointment.
Also new – an RPS Event featuring our archive materials in April, the Liverpool Photography events, club details updates and a new website for Wigan 10.
The L&CPU website can be found here.
As the Big Day approaches the L&CPU (Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union) have updated their website.
In other news:
- Wigan 10 travel to Paris to collect their trophy after winning the World Cup.
- PAGB British Cup results
- YPU (Yorkshire Photographic Union) tickets for Keighly Memorial Day
- North Cheshire Challenges
All this can be found on the L&CPU website at